Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Too many things, such little time!

I have spent this last week trying to finish personal projects already started and get made the new business ideas. It seems that despite my best efforts to finish my "to do" list, when I get new inspirations jumping out at me every single day, my list gets longer and longer! I started posting on a craft challenge thread on Money Saving Expert a while back, and have found a few new friends along the way. On went my list and off I went. Yesterday I reposted said list and crossed of a few items, then added several more. It's not down to lack of enthusiasm or motivation, it's time that appears to be the problem. Yesterday evening I started on some earrings, with the intention of finishing around 9pm and then fitting in an hour of my other job. I finished the earring at 10:30 and thought "stuff it!" with the other job, then promptly fell asleep on the sofa! I know that there will be thousands of people out there, just like me, who find that time just disappears before their eyes.

Despite this lack of time, I did manage to fit in some new things. During my regular Google searching for inspiration as to what to do with the box upon box of fabric scrap I hoard, I found a new, and quite frankly amazing, idea. The Bits and Bobs Cushion by Crafty Love looks absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to get started on it. First though, I spent six hours (yes, six!) cutting all my fabric scraps into appropriate sized pieces and then colour sorting them. What a way to pass the time by! Along the same lines of that, I have also started a Thomas the Tank Engine cushion. It involves sewing lots of 6" x 6" squares together, a bit like quilting. I have never quilted in my life! I love sewing by hand, and I find such a great way to wind down and switch off after a stressful day, but it is taking ages to do. I never really did learn the art of patience! Obviously, once these cushions are finished, I will share them with you, along with some guides.

Some things I did manage to complete this week were:

Some new fridge magnets with Ikea's Rosali design in blue and white on them (available to buy here)



Another glass dish, this time in Cath Kidston blue Hampton Rose, and pink and silver (available to buy here),









And some new Cath Kidston pan stands in Mini Strawberry and pink Paisley (available to buy here).










Over the next few days I will be making some new art work, including Tilda's Rosebird in green and pink, and I am releasing some new ceramic wall tile designs. These will include Clarke and Clarke Floral Stripe in duckegg, vintage rose in mocha and cream, some amazing shabby chic flower, check and spot prints and Prestigious Maple in teal. These will be shared in next weeks post.

In shopping this week, aside from buying some Thomas the Tank Engine trains for my four year old son, I found a new company that sell crafting items, including card, embellishments, wool, decoupage items and so much more, called Samuel Taylors. I only came across them as there is a store fairly near me, but they do have a website www.clickoncrafts.co.uk. There's some handy inspiration pages on there too. It all makes me wish I got involved with handmade cards and scrapbooking, but right now, I think I have enough to do!

As I'm on bed rest at the moment from my SPD (see last weeks post), so it is time for me to get sewing to pass the time. Over on Facebook there's a give-away going on with three amazing prizes that ends Monday 23rd April 2012. I will also be putting some new products in my online store, www.simplydivinethings.co.uk. Have a fabulous week everyone and I will see you again soon.

Kirsty x

1 comment:

  1. I found the bits and bobs cushion last night myself :) LOOKS BRILLIANT!!!! such a good way to use up all those scraps we are hoarding - am trying hard not to add it to my list hahahahaha!

    Hope you feel better soon, Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete